Join the Rally for Communities, Climate & Nature – May 14, 2022, Queen’s Park
Ontario’s environment is under threat.
Greenhouse gas emissions are on the rise again, protections for nature are being dismantled, and mega projects are encroaching on communities.
This spring we have a chance to choose another path – one that prioritizes people and the planet.
In the lead up to the provincial election, show your support for a flourishing, low-carbon Ontario that offers good green jobs, prioritizes our collective health, and respects Indigenous rights.
Let’s come together and make it clear that we want a government that will take immediate action to bring down emissions, protect biodiversity, and build sustainable communities.
WHAT: Public demonstration calling for a government that will act on climate change, build sustainable communities, and protect nature. This is a family-friendly event.
WHEN: Saturday, May 14th 2022, from 1 p.m. – 3:30 p.m. (EDT)
WHERE: Queen’s Park, south of Legislative Assembly of Ontario
ACCESSIBILITY: If you require ASL interpreting services, please contact email@example.com. An accessible van will be available for those who have difficulty marching. A kids’ area will be organized with arts & crafts and space for strollers.
OTHER: Please bring signs! This is a zero-waste event. You are encouraged to bring your own water bottles.
- Danny Beaton, Turtle Clan Mohawk of Grand River Six Nations Territory
- Nigel Barriffe, Urban Alliance on Race Relations
- Hannah Conover-Arthurs, Chef, Urban Farmer and Climate Activist in Toronto
Speakers (so far):
- Andria Babbington, Toronto & York Region Labour Council
- Keith Brooks, Environmental Defence
- Margaret Prophet, Simcoe County Greenbelt Coalition
- Connie Sorio, Kairos
- Mili Roy, Canadian Association of Physicians for the Environment (CAPE) Ontario
Performers (so far):
- Ahmed Moneka
- Samba Squad
- Spirit Wind Women’s Hand Drum Group