This is the response of the Federation of Urban Neighbourhoods (Ontario) to the discussion paper re: the 2051 Greater Golden Horseshoe (GGH) Transportation Plan. According to the paper a 2051 GGH transportation plan will help:
- Prepare the transportation system to serve an expanding economy and population. By 2051, population and employment are forecasted to grow from 10 million to 14.9 million people, and 4.5 million to 7 million jobs, respectively.
- Identify necessary actions to address mobility and congestion in the GGH.
- Guide and support Ontario’s transportation investment decisions.
- Coordinate strategic planning across the region for the next 30 years.
- Prepare for new technology and changes, “like automated vehicles and mobility as a service platform that could change the way we move around the region.”