A research paper by Dr. Barry Weller:
Transportation Question Begs for an Answer: What’s Behind the Nonsense about Traffic Gridlock in Canada?
A new research paper by Dr. Barry Weller:
Read it by clicking here.
It contains an update on several topics:
• The Ontario Municipal Board
• Five Year Review of the Provincial Policy Statement, 2005
• Strategic Litigation Against Public Participation (SLAPP)
• Protecting Heritage Views of Queen’s Park
• Election Financing Reform
• Private member’s bill requiring paved shoulders
• Mega-Quarry in Dufferin County and Review of the Aggregates Act
It also contains a summary of all provincial party responses to the F.U.N. Election Questionaire.
PC leader, Tim Hudak, sent a letter to F.U.N. in response to our questionnaire which was sent to all party leaders last month. Mr Hudak’s letter was received after we had distributed the responses. The letter can be viewed by clicking the following link:
F.U.N. submitted 6 questions to all four party leaders this month. The topics were:
-the Ontario Municipal Board
– election financing reform
– traffic congestion
– planning reform
– heritage view of Queen’s Park
– anti-SLAPP legislation
To read the responses click the link below:
F.U.N.-Ontario 2011 Election Questionnaire & Responses
September 1, 2011 5:55 PM
“After careful consideration, the Minister of Natural Resources and I have agreed to bring forward a regulation making Highland Companies subject to the requirements of the Environmental Assessment Act. As a result the company will be required to undertake a comprehensive Environmental Assessment for the proposed quarry in Melancthon Township.